View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kickerscrt

Has your husband made any comments about wanting to get help? If not, is he aware of what's at stake if he continues down the path of addiction...loss of family, jobs, life?

I'm kind of curious as to why he is living with your parents? Do they allow him to continue with his addictive behaviors? If they do, then I would recommend that he be asked to leave that house. I know that may seem like a mean thing to do, but addiction is a destructive force and it usually requires some sort of "slap in the face" to get the addict to face reality just long enough to realize they need help. Have you considered an intervention?

As for you, I would like to say congratulations on taking your first step on feeling better. There is a lot of care and support in these forums, and I'm sure there are also quite a few people in a similar situation. I think that when you meet someone who is in a similar situation, and connect a bit with them, that it will make a tremendous difference in how you feel. Just knowing that someone understands is such a good feeling.

Take care of yourself!

-Kyle