Old 10-03-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tinaB

Thumbs up Trying to stay clean and bf is alcoholic in denial

Hi everyone,

Im so glad I found this site... I got clean on Sept 10 partly because of my abusive alcoholic bf who told me I'm nothing but a hopeless fu**ing addict. At least Im doing something about my addiction....A little about me: Because of some herniated disks in my spine I let a surgeon cut into my back in Dec08. The surgery went horribly wrong and I've been in unbearable pain since. A few months ago I realized I was hooked on narcotics. So last month with my dr.'s help decided to get off fentanyl,oxycontin, and vicodin. It's been tough but used suboxone. I started from 12mg early last month and now tapered off to 1mg. I will soon take sub every other day the be off for good. Im attending NA meetings regularly, enrolled in intensive outpatient program. At home I am dealing with an alcoholic who is a daily heavy drinker and at times verbally abuses me and tells me I won't be able to get drug free. I resent his lack of support and the abuse. I just know I love myself enough to live a clean life no matter if another alcoholic wants me to be addicted like him so he can put me down. You know.. Im better than that! I have 2 beautiful daughters who need their mother clean and healthy. My back pain is still painful but at least Im not hopelessly addicted and in pain. It does get better