View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
mistycshore

Originally Posted by Ago View Post
I have a question, and it's a serious one, I am not asking to be facetious, I really want to know

Does this make this topic inappropriate to post here, as it's an article that debunks "God" as it were, or the responses that discuss the topic inappropriate?
Since the subject line of the thread specifically engages fellow atheists, and it does appear in the secular forum - how could it possibly be inappropriate?

Some of the responses were definitely inappropriate but I sure cannot see how the original post was.

The responses, both sides are respectful and discuss the topic put forth by the OP and frankly it's an interesting discussion, the way I understood it, the 12 steps and spirituality were solely brought up as a vehicle and examples to continue the discussion, not to discuss their effectiveness in recovery per se, but as an example of "faith" as it were and the effectiveness of faith in recovery, which is certainly part of the discussion put forth by the OP.
Did not. My post had nothing to with the unmentionable topic and was simply presented as a source of moral support to those who practice the most hated belief system on the planet in a recovery atmosphere. That's all.

So if this is an inappropriate topic for this forum, wouldn't the appropriate thing to do be just move the topic to the appropriate forum?
Are you talking about the link I posted or the unmentionable topic?