View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
faithfully

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
What a sad but true commentary. It is amazing to me how so many of us are LEFT to deal with these very serious problems ALONE. I agree with posters above; call social services and let them get the medical and daily life assistance he needs. In MD, if you call Social Services, they will send a nurse out to the home. You are putting yourself in a precarious legal position by not doing so (remember the man whose girlfriend would not leave the bathroom?)
Hi, I don't know about the story about the man whose girlfriend would not leave the bathroom and didn't realize I could be in precarious legal position. I have called so many social services agencies, the only choice I have is to call car 86 if I think he is of harm to himself or others and is of not right mind, then a cop and psychiatric nurse will come for assessment. Sort of what you are talking about. The 2 conditions are as I stated above. It is my last resort. My first baby step today is to say NO to giving him any money. Please tell me the story though as I am not aware.