View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
URMYEVERYTHING

Hi Faithfully,

Disclaimer: I say this with the best intentions.

It seems you have made up your mind on what is best for you and your addict husband, however, you are sticking to the term "loving him to death."

Are you willing to live with the weight of his death being your complete and full responsibility? (I word it this way because you have mentioned above that you feel guilty that you aren't helping him). I would think that would be more hellish than what you are going through now.

As far as his medical condition, if he's that bad off, you can have him committed to a hospital against his will by calling 911 and having mobile crisis come out to the home and assess his mental status and his ability to care for himself. If he's that far gone, they will have no choice but to take him to the hospital and then possibly psychiatric care afterwards.

I'm just not sure what it will take for you to detach from this man other than his own death.

I hope you will find peace with this situation and somehow get some support for yourself. You have way to consumed yourself in another human being who couldn't even give two s***** about himself.

You are in my prayers tonight. (((HUGS))))