Old 10-03-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Hi, Your from England I take it?!!! You sound much like I was, apart from I always drank at home alone as well as when out. I too started getting wrecked weekly from 16 and understand what your talking about. My drinking binges progressed into days where I would drink as soon as I awoke to get rid of the hangover and get back on it. You sound like you havn't been introduced to that "stage" yet.

I am nearly 90 days sober and now and I am 23. I too went to University at 18 and was known for getting wasted whenever I was out and about. I suffered from depression also and I used to self-medicate by getting wrecked.

I am an alcoholic. You need to seriously think about whether you too are an alcoholic. Only then will you be able to make the decision which will 100% determine the future life that you lead. For me I was an all or nothing drinker. There is only one level I want to reach when I take that first drink and that is 'oblivion'. It is true that alcoholism is progressive; it will get worse and take everything that you have. You sound like you are still fairly early in the progression so you can stop it now before it takes everything from you. And it will.

For me total abstinance from alcohol is the only way. Many on SR will also agree with me on this. If you are an alcoholic then you will never be able to drink like everybody else. Your story reminds me alot of my own.

All the best, Peace and Love xx