View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cath1029
aka Glenna :)

My formal third step

I hope nobody minds me sharing my experience this morning. I feel so strange and was hoping for some feedback to figure it all out.

I went to a meeting with my sponsor this morning. Afterwards, she told me she was going to take me to the beach where I would do my formal third step. We went down there, and really it could not have been a more beautiful day, beautiful ocean, plenty of sunshine, etc. She gave me instructions, and I started down the beach to find a good spot to carry them out.

As I walked I noticed a little circular clearing that was private and actually looked like it was made just for something like this (lol). I sat and read the pages I was instructed to and took time to reflect on them. It honestly felt totally right for me to proceed, so I got on my knees and said the third step prayer and surrendered my will and life to God, then I signed the paper I had written just before--my "contract" with Him.

I can't even describe how I felt afterwards. There was a huge sense of relief mixed with some uneasiness. It was like the lifting of a burden, but at the same time some fear of the unknown and of the changes that are going to take place as I proceed through the fourth step, which my sponsor and I started on immediately afterwards. Also a little fear of failure as well.

I can't even sort it all out right now. It's not really like I thought it would be. So strange. It was definitely a spiritual experience, but it left me with me more feelings than I was expecting. I was wondering what you guys thought or experienced yourselves or if you could relate at all. Thanks.