Thread: Hiding pills
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
URMYEVERYTHING

Originally Posted by Skeetermag View Post
My AH has been taking painkillers for years. Every month the dr. gives him between 90 - 200 more bc he had surgery 5 years ago and is still "in pain".
Anyway, we discussed this problem and he had me holding them and rationing them out so they would last the month. Today there are only 3 left and I know there should have been many more. He finally confessed he went into my purse and found them.
I'm so sick and tired of all of this. He now has started lying to me which he never did before. My question is, for the next batch which will come in about a week...should I try to find a new hiding place or just give him the whole damn bottle and say do what u want, I don't wanna play this game anymore since there's no point in it!
Help please.
Hi Skeetermag..... sorry you are going through this game with him.
Unfortunately, he's a grown man and you a grown woman and who has time for games when both people are adults??

By enabling him (holding his pills and giving them to him) you are a part of his behavior/addiction in which he will not suffer any consequences to his behavior. The lies will continue, if you give him the bottle or not. So, what are you willing to tolerate?

If you give him the whole bottle, what will that change?
If you keep giving him the pills and not the bottle, what will that change?

The answer to both of those questions is probably NOTHING.

So, what are you willing to do to make this situation change and let him know that this behavior is unacceptable and you will not be a part of it??