View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bigjohn83

Looking for "Tough Love" support group

Along with her family, I am here seeking help for a friend.

We have heard of "tough love" support groups for family and friends of addicts, however I cannot find any of them on the internet. Do they exist? Under what name?

My friend is in deep denial, she has addiction problems with prescription meds, marijuana and alcohol. She has overdosed 3 times and had to go to the er. Two weeks ago, she had to go again and we almost lost her. She had to stay in the hopsital 2 days. She still says that she does not have a problem and does not need professional help.

At this point, we, her family and friends do need help, either from professionals of others who have been through what we are going thorough. We need to find out how to cope with the situation better, how to lead her to realize she has a problem and how to get her help.

We are considering local meetings of Nar-Anon and N. A., but havent gone there yet.

We are located in Western North Carolina.

Any help would be appreciated, but most especially in finding the tough love support groups if they do exist.

Thanks

Last edited by bigjohn83; 10-01-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Change title - would not post with more than one word in title.