View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
cole26

Thanks for the suggestion and your speedy response! I was in individual psychotherpary with an awesome Christian counselor for almost two years before my Mom died; most of our counsel was about my relationship with Mom too. Very very helpful indeed. I decided to take a break because when she first died, I figured I could do some grief management on my own with a grief support group and my pastor while still practicing some of the therapy items I have learned. So, you ask, "How's that workin' out for ya'?" Well, it now feels like I needed to get away from the counselor SO I COULD DRINK AND NOT BE ACCOUNTABLE!!! How bad does that suck? I am now accountable to my pastor and a good friend who have both had a past life with alcohol/drugs/etc.

I am prayerfully pondering reentering therapy when I am released to do so, but at $110 per hour, I'll see where the current supports lead me. And, I REALLY NEED TO GET TO A MEETING, so that will be my next most immediate mission besides connecting with this support site. Thanks again for 'listening!' Blessings - Cole