Thread: Fear and Shame
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
keithj

Originally Posted by Charmie View Post
i wondered with every step why it wasnt happening yet,,but lo and behold when i got to the next one it was seeping in.
Yeah, that's it! It's the sleeper, sneak up on you spiritual awakening that one day will find you on your knees weeping with gratitude, snot running down your face, laughing at the overwhelming enormity and joy of it all. And then you can't help but give it all away because you're so damn happy about this gift you've been given.

Er, at least that's what happens with some people. So I hear.

Cath, I was instructed to make a little progress every day on that 4th step. Even if it's just writing down a single resentment. Some days I couldn't manage even that, and some days that little bit would turn into a flurry of writing. But it kept me focused and willing every day.

As far as getting there, it generally only takes a newcomer a couple weeks to get through the first 3 steps with me. No set time tables, but if it's taking way longer than that, we usually revist some of the basics in the first 3 chapters. It's only 63 pages plus a few in Dr.'s Opinion.