Old 10-01-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
DonneIslanding

Day 4 of total sobriety - woke up again at 7AM feeling well rested and clearheaded.

Yesterday was a rough one; got the first estimate to fix some auto body damage (couple of nasty dents/scratches from getting sideswiped overnight last time I stayed in the city on the left side, nice scratch on the right due to a mistimed turn into my garage on my surprisingly sober behalf) to my car. Definitely will take me a while to pay off, but will be a lot easier with my savings on booze over the coming period. Just going to pay it out of pocket because the difference between the total and my deductible isn't that much. Truly just grateful I wasn't hurt and hope whoever nailed me is getting the help they need.

Typically in the past after getting similar news I would have stopped off on the drive back to pick up some self-medicating poison. Instead picked up some caffeine and logged into the Chat Meeting last night where I talked with some interesting folks for a while. There's a lot of really good people on this site...

Positive thought for the day:

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
- Robert Frost

Last edited by DonneIslanding; 10-01-2009 at 06:13 AM. Reason: scratch from turning into garage