View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
serenitea

Hi Real Joy! Welcome! I am on day 11 and have a similar story to yours as well. I found myself this year becoming a nightly drinker after the baby went to bed. I also have a good job, friends, activities, etc but I found that I was drinking almost a bottle of wine nightly and more on weekends. I would wake up every morning foggy and feeling crappy.

Then over a week ago I woke up on a sunday morning and decided I had enough and wanted to stop.

I also started to read this good book called Mommy Doesn't Drink Here Anymore. My dad drank/drinks a great deal and I hated it as a kid and still do today. I don't want my relationship with my daughter to be like that. I am 39 and have waited too long to have a family to ruin it. I want to be as good a mother as I can be and also live the fullest life I possibly can.

This morning - I took the dog and daughter for a walk at a local park and just had a feeling of euphoria at how good I felt, how beautiful the lake was and how happy I felt.

I also reflected on how before I felt so overwhelmed - that my cup was just run over and full all the time and now not as much - well I guess my cup was 1/2 full with booze so every little thing seemed just so difficult.

We are here to give you the support you need! Would love for you to join us...