Thread: Hi everyone,
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ex D-Boy
Mr.MeToo?

hey NAchic welcome to SR!!!! Like somebody said above, check out the substance abuse forums. I am a former heroin addict as well and have detoxed countless times cold turkey.

A few helpful tips to get a bit more rest than your 1-3 hours during detox is : Soak in a hot bath for 30-45 minutes. Not only does this relax your muscles and bones which will help with the constant aches, but, it also will make you drowsy. Take a few tylenol PM before getting in the bath and by the time your out you should be tired enough to get a few extra hours than normal. (IF you do not have a tub a hot shower works almost as well, just hard to keep standing up while detoxing, I had the energy of a 90 year old man during that time)

What I also learned was, laying in bed with the lights off trying to force myself to sleep during this time would just drive me insane. Its better not to fight the insomnia, just accept that for a week or two you arent going to get much sleep and try to make the best of it. I would stay up and watch dvds, listen to music, read posts on this site // use the chatroom. Basically anything to keep your mind off the dope. The worst of it will be over after 5 days (as im sure you already know)

If you wanna talk more feel free to PM me. I put together a great little "Strategy guide" for dealing with at home heroin detox. Got a lot of useful things that will help ease the withdrawal. stay strong ~~ Scott