View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
teeters
NIKKI

hello and good afternoon my name is nikki and I was kinda in a situation like yours. I am in severe, constant pain all day long and getting ready to have neck surgery at the end of the month. I was to on vicodin 5/500 4 times a day. My body became tolerant to them and I needed more and more to take away the pain and to make me feel normal. Your body will need more and more each day as you build a tolerance to them. I to went to oxycodone for the pain and my body built a tolerance for that also. I began to like the way I felt from them and they eventually led to a full blown addiction. I definatley think that you need to seek another doctor for some advice, or maybe even 2 differnt docs for oppinions. Make sure to ask yourself questions like do I like the way I feel from them (the euphoria), am I taking them more and more even if my pain is not as bad as earlier in the day? I cant say if the pills are turning into an addiction but I would ask yourself some questions and get a new doc because if you dont It could possibly turn into an addiction and you dont want that to happen because it is a demon that you cant control. It is the hardest thing to do in life. (getting the Demon off your Back) If youhave any questions dont hesitate to write, I as well as everyone here as SR will help as much as possible. You have done the right thing by joining and having questions for people because you are trying to figure out whats going on! Good Luck! Nikki