Thread: Feeling Dumb
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GolfBall

Feeling Dumb

Hey Guys,
I joined here a few weeks ago looking for some answers, and you guys were very welcoming- thanks for that! I managed to stay strong for about 5 days but then rationalized a few beers and then some more. I've been feeling dumb and kind of ashamed to log back in and say that since you guys were all so cool. I guess I got another strong sense today that my rationalizing isn't really as sensible as I'm thinking it is- financial issues, personal life problems all seem to be eased with a few beers. But having read the excerpts from Under the Influence that were posted, I think I'm kind of afraid of what I'm not aware of inside me. Though a feeling I was left with after reading that stuff was hopelessness, as if I'm powerless to stop. I know that's not the intention of the book, but there didn't seem to be any thoughts of how to reverse the physiological affects that build up over time. Are you just screwed when this thing starts or can you repair your body? Can your cells stop needing alcohol after they start needing it?
Anyway, thanks for your thoughts in general.