Thread: Problem
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

You are right CR. You know. But by me having been there. I know how careless and reckless I was as well. I do feel bad they are suffering. And I truly hope they get a little scare out of this and maybe it gives them a kick in the arse they might need to open their eyes some.
But also I know by having been there. That I had complete disregard for anyone but me and my using. It would have never crossed my mind nor would I have cared that maybe a housekeeper cleaning up after me may be in recovery or an addict. or that maybe someone else oblivious to drugs would stumble across my trash and unknowingly end up getting hurt or sick by whatever I had carelessly left behind.
I was a very selfish, reckless, uncaring, arrogant addict. I could care less about you, the next person or their momma.
There has to be a line somewhere when it begins to affect others. Whether you relize it is or not.
So I do have some compassion. But not enough to risk anyone else's or my safety or healt and especially my recovery.