View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
katie44

I hope to achieve nothing by telling the pastor. What I was concerned about was this pastor raised the funds through the mission to send AS to the rehab program. When my son, my spouse, the pastor and I met he asked AS to be honest regarding all criminal charges. If there were any lies on the application AS would be removed from the program, and not aloud to return. The mission would not be aloud a refund of any kind. There are many addicts waiting to go to this program, that want the program. I do not want to stand in my sons way of obtaining any help, however this is a one year program. After what he has done this week his bank will be filing charges against him. If he does return to the program again there will be a warrant out for his arrest. It is about all these people have come to his aid in the past couple of weeks, the pastor even met with the crown attorney and ask if his previous charges could be held over until he is done the program. A letter was submitted to the program from the courts that AS was free and clear for one year to attend this program. So lets say he does go back to the program next week and in 2 months again there is a warrant out for his arrest. The crown calls the pastor and tells him of this newest charge, I will have to look him in the face and say I already knew about it. AS is removed from the program and I look like the ever so enabling mother. AS is actually going tomorrow to live with the pastor and his family for the week as the family he is with now is going on vacation. I do not want to get in the way of his recovery in any way, I do however feel very guilty knowing what he has done and saying nothing. And NO I am not trying to control the pastor!