View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
violet97

i have actually wondered a lot if he had some form of bipolar depression or whatever with the mood swings and he himself calls it self medicating sometimes. i know the drinking is for him alone to deal with. i am just trying to deal with my end of it- how to handle my life around his drinking, etc... and i also know that the drinking is from something else, we have talked about it, trying to figure out why... in all actuality the reason i said that was kind of to avoid discussing the drinking and what both of us need to do in our own ways. i try to be realistic about this stuff (while still living in denial) and he still drinks, a lot more then i think he should... but i get worried about his moods, when he goes out and comes home i am worried what mood he will be in. probably 90% of the time he has had at least one beer, but sometimes nothing at all. i just wonder if that real irritability to alcohol related.
and no i feel like i;m being defensive... guess i need to figure out how to get to an al-anon meeting huh...