Thread: Fear of success
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
PrimalScream

Thanks for bringing this up matt...I to have always had some fear of success...I've always known I could do anything I ever wanted to do in life...but for whatever reason I never really reached any of my dreams...I would get close a few times but then would always back off, give up, get drunk, stoned etc and head off in another direction. I'm really not sure why, it's got to be related to being told you couldn't do things when you were younger...I know I was told those things...I always rebelled against it and told anyone who told me I couldn't do something to F**K OFF and kept on trying to do what they said I couldn't...I always thought my attitude would keep me immune from succumbing to the negativity of being told I couldn't do something...but I think if you get told enough times it somehow, on a subconscious level, seeps in and becomes a belief. I think that is what happened to me...thus I sabotage myself right when I am on the brink of success. I'm not sure how to get over it...maybe therapy, maybe just by recognizing it and journaling about? Thanks again for bringing this up, I hadn't thought about it in a long time.