View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

Originally Posted by katie44 View Post
I told him to tell them all what he has done or I would. I know he wont tell them, I feel very guilty knowing what he has done and if I dont speak to the pastor about this it will all come out in the wash later. I would look like a liar and an enable
i think maybe for now, you've done enough. you've warned him, the program has warned him, you've talked to the pastor in the past and he knows the risk of housing and helping an addict. i know its your son but like you said, it will come out in the wash later and at that time you'll probably have an opportunity to stress to whoever that you can't control what he does, his action is not a reflection on you. i think if the church wants to do so much helping, maybe you could step aside and let them, when they've had enough, then they will allow him to figure out his own way. this may or may not be what it will take for him to want to get serious about recovery. now this is just my opinion. you''ve reported it and got your money back,now focus on you. you all are in my prayers. i pray that your son finds his way soon.

btw, i think you are loving your son enough to be done with his addictive behavior.