View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

Why do you need confirmation that you are doing the right thing…

And yet I do understand that questions, I so did not want to **** my son up anymore than he was doing on his owe…made a good argument in my head to stay on my side of the street and work on me…and let his path go where it was to go….it certainly did not need me to jump on it, it wasn’t mine!

To let your child feel the consequences of his actions is a gift…
We don’t much learn with everyone around us doing all that “helping“…
Although I am not sure why you spent a week to get him ready, it might have been better to let him get ready to go on his own, he is capable, oh so very capable….and if he didn’t well then he didn’t and that is on him not you and shows one huge truth…doesn’t it?

There is one thing I find confusing, and really tragic in so many ways…

I told him yesterday I did not want to see him again , no more calls its over.
It is over, really???? Over, done, no more … that is it you had enough?

But what is over, and why it is over
And maybe most important who/what put you where you were right in the moment you wrote that…

When we are all ready to cut those out of our lives our children especially I wonder don’t we owe it to ourselves to look in our mirror and find out why…

Does just the simple fact that your child is an addict make him not worth your love, your time, and I am not speaking in the sense of doing anything for as I don’t find that love means one does anything but just love…Love is time, patience and acceptance, in my head anyway….

To see that cut off not only blows my mind because I know there is another way, but also makes me sad for the both child and parent…what power we give away to addiction, power it doesn’t deserve and that takes from us and just feeds into the whole package of insanity.

The insanity isn’t over well until it is over and damn wouldn’t you know it…
It has nothing at all…
No nothing at all to do with whether the ones we love are using or not….