View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Mattcake

I'm glad SFGirl and Overman brought transference into the equation.

My last post was abrupt, confrontational and angry; it reflects how I felt and acted during that session. The following session was wholly (haha) devoted to analysing my defensiveness and anger... my therapist couldn't care less about the actual content of my anti-c@holic rant, but she did want to focus on my "unexpected outburst", along with the way in which I'd lost my "usual charm and cool" (hiss!) Her choice of words, not mine. She had a field day.

I was a nervous wreck when I came out to her... That time, I didn't barrel into the office like a pissed off dragon, and I found myself stuttering my way through my speech. This experience was very different; both were very valuable and therapeutic.

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
I don't like stepping on people's toes. Also, my thinking goes like this: my therapist has been the person who has offered the most support face to face. She's the last person I need to **** off. I don't want to lose this support. I'm worried that if I get dropped I'll be devastated (....) This isn't easy for me
Bam, were she to drop you, it would *only* show her shaky abilities as a therapist. Other people's opinions and actions are not an evaluation of your self-worth (I know, easier said than done I do get what you're saying). Still, having said all that... give her a chance