View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
katie44

Am I doing the right thing?

I posted a thread this weekend regarding AS. He left Thursday for a one year rehab program only to return Sat. Drunk when I picked him up at the bus station. I should have left him there. I didnt because the pastor who got him in to the program called us to please go get him. There was some mix-up in his criminal charges that had to be dealt with this week. As I said AS had 500.00 on him and came up with a story, a christian man in a bar gave it to him the man said to him " son you need this money more then I do" Well AS went on and on about it in the car how maybe there is a HP and now he believes in miracles. He even cried LOL. Turns out it was the exact amount he needed to make restitution to the courts. What a miracle! We dropped him off at the christian families home he is staying with. When I started to tell them about his miracle he became very angry. Well yesterday I am on-line turns out AS forged a cheque from my account for 500.00 it cleared on the weekend. My bank reversed the charges and sent notice to his bank it was a fraudelent cheque. I guess he thought he would rip us off one last time before going in to program. The pastor and this family have helped him immensley, wonderful caring people. Yesterday the pastor took him for breakfast and they had a great day. My spouse and I did not pay for this program the church raised the money. If he has any more outstanding charges when he goes back he will be asked to leave the program and the church will not get a refund. He called me last nite and begged me not to tell them, I told him to tell them all what he has done or I would. I know he wont tell them, I feel very guilty knowing what he has done and if I dont speak to the pastor about this it will all come out in the wash later. I would look like a liar and an enabler. I told him yesterday I did not want to see him again , no more calls its over. I spent the whole last week getting him ready for this program because he needed help even bought him a suit. I put up with his crappy attitude and demands. What a fool I feel like. There is nothing that comes from his mouth that is the truth, he will con anyone. Oh and he told me if I told on him he would be kicked out on to the street. I said "oh well" I know I need to bring this to the pastors attention I do not want the church to be out this money. I just really need confirmation I am doing the right thing?