View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 09:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
DonneIslanding

Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
I appreciate eveyones comments. Gave me alot to think about. But also made me that much more certain that this is what I want to do.
I know I'm new but my personal opinion is that if you've researched this as thoroughly as possible and know this is your dream, then you need to pursue it.

However, one final step of the research process could be a day spent career shadowing. This is a more sensitive field than most, but there may be a way for you to get in touch with someone in this field to observe what their actual day to day tasks are and what the work consists of. You can also figure out what their degree was and see if there's a way to work towards the same career from the Business School, maybe even get a leg up with the different academic background. You could contact your school's career services department to give this a shot before your deadline.

Just a possible source for a new view at this or any other possible career paths. I hope this helps and you're content with whatever path you choose.