Thread: Need job advice
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
newstart2

the drug and alcohol policy is that they have to catch you on the job drinking drunk or under the influence. so that at this point i can deny. theres nothing spelled out about asking for help for addiction other than they will refer you to the EAP for help. regardless of whether or not i tell her whats going on i do think she already knows. last time i talked to her she said that that she is "running out of excuses to tell HR" and she needs to know im going to show up to work and then i do this...including a no call no show. im going to sit down with her and see what she has to say before i even open my mouth. i work in the medical field and i really dont want to come out with it because that will go in my file. im in nursing school now and that could ruin my chances of getting a job there when and if i graduate. i will go ahead and check my state law and if it comes down to it and i have to tell her then i will. at least i will save my job. ive already set up the appt and will be looking for outpatient programs that work with my schedule. thanks for all the advice.