View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dunsuppin

Yet another new start

I was so sure I wasn't really an alcoholic. Yes I knew that alcohol was a problem that needed addressing, it was seriously affecting the quality of my life. It was all about control. I had tried to stop before but without real success so I took advice from a post I read on here. Stop for 30 days, see how it feels. 30 days...seemed like an easy challenge. I managed 34, I looked ten years younger, I had energy, I was getting things done. I was back in control. I decided I could safely dabble with a bottle of wine.

That was just five weeks ago. I'm back to drinking every night, only now I'm drinking two bottles of wine instead of one. I'm making stupid phone calls, sending stupid emails. I've put on nearly a stone and today I feel depressed and have no energy.

I think I am an alcoholic.

There I've said it. I want to delete it because it can't possibly be true. This is day one again. I've been reading this board for over a year and find it inspirational. Perhaps I've always known I would eventually make this post. My thanks to all who post on here.