Old 09-27-2009, 05:59 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post

Well, day two: Hoping I make it, am at work until 11 PM if anyone wants to write me, I’ll be checking……

Hope everyone else is OK.

HP
Hugs to you, HP. Despite my best intentions I'm also on day 2... again. So, buddy. It's a bumpy road and it sucks but as we say here in Oklahoma, time to man up. They probably say that other places, too. But it always seemed a little redneck to me.

Still good advice though. I was reading some homework a few minutes ago and wanted in the worst way to go grab a 12-pack. I logged on here instead. I'm flat broke anyway. Eleven cents in my checking account. So I guess being broke is my anti-drug. I did some laundry on Friday, came home from the laundromat and it smelled funny in my apartment. I asked roommate about it, he told me he'd smoked an old cigarette he'd found laying around. "Really? Your old cig smells a lot like dope, buddy. Tell the truth." Sure enough he'd invited a friend over and they smoked crack. I was pretty furious. Bought some beer to cool down. Yeah, that was stupid.

So, HP. We're on day 2 and it'll be ok. Things will work out, we just need to stay away from the booze. It's sure not solving many problems, just numbing us as the problems get worse.

Log on and talk if you need to. If you'd like someone to have somewhat better contact with, IM me. Maybe we could Facebook or something, if you're into that.