Thread: Honesty
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
I think you can get some great advice from alot of people at different stages. Just because they may not follow it themselves, I think some have good things to share and contribute.
I was a chronic relapser. I also do not know my clean date. Not exactly. I know a time frame. And thats just because I dont really count days. I didnt bother to notice the last use cause I relapsed so many times. What was the use? This time seems to be sticking and I have made some huge changes that I havent done before.

I myself have not touched anything except caffeine and tobacco.
I can say and will always say that I have screwed up so many times. But yes. I do always keep trying no matter what. EVen though I have been at it over 2 yrs now. I dont think anyone gets right away. And maybe it takes longer for others. But I would really hope any person would keep coming back no matter how many times they fall. If they didnt. That means they gave up.
Yeah totally people should keep coming back, it is good that people keep coming back into meetings and hopefully they will keep coming back until they get it:-) But IMO they should listen, don't go giving out advice when they know **** all about what it is like to get sober and stay sober...ok to say to a bunch of sober people cos it is something to talk about at the coffee after but not to someone who has walked in the door for the first time. I just came back from lunch with my sponsor probably 95%/5% talking in his favour...i know where my beliefs, thoughts, ideas sent me...i want to here how the **** he has stayed sober for 24 years and emulate his success...not what i think?!

Glad you doing something different this time that is working for you, and it's important to remember for us all that what we did in the past doesn't mean we have to keep doing it:-)