View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 07:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
quietsins

we feel the need to explain because we have been doing it for so very long. for years i had to have my decisions supported by my friends and family because i didnt have the strength to make a "sure" decision on my own.

put it this way, if the family disagrees, they still voiced an opinion. you still gave them the ability to have a say in your life. you had your decision supported even if they disagree, simply because they supported you enough to comment. that is the crux of low self esteem.

we seek input because our decision in the past may have been wrong. what alanon teaches us is that.. we need to do the next right thing. nothing more. nothing less. just do the next right thing and as you open yourself up to a higher power.. he will guide you as to the next big step.

dont make a decision because you feel pressured. read the literature about "just for today" the one i quote time and time again is. "just for today i will have a program, i may not work it perfectly, but i will have a program. this will save me from two pests..hurry and indecision" or something very close to that quote.

good luck and god bless