Old 09-25-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Daisy09 View Post
He was home sick and b*tching incessently that the house was a mess, and after several hours of listening to his b*tching I said something along the lines of "sorry, I didn't know that I while you were out using with your dirtbag friends that I was supposed to be your housekeeper."

~Daisy
I agree with Misty. So it wasn't the most constructive thing to say, but how far can he push you? And why let him do it? You aren't his servant, and if he's been out doing drugs while you juggle everything and try to maintain a normal life... that's a lot of pressure on you and I always thought relationships should be sorta balanced. It's not all about what you get out of a relationship but if you get nothing back there's no reason to maintain it. Not that I'm suggesting any course of action, I'm just saying your reaction was understandable and not so terribly out of line. And frankly, even if you don't want to hold the drug use against him, what you said was THE TRUTH. You are (or were) expected to clean and cook and whatnot while he goes out using. You hit the nail on the head, and it made him defensive. And if there's something I know about druggies (being one myself) it's that we can be pretty damn manipulative when it comes to legitimizing our use and making everyone else seem unreasonable.