View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
wanttobefree2

Originally Posted by SteppingItUp View Post
Welcome!

I do hope you come to join us on the substance abuse boards, as has been previously suggested. It's a good, supportive group.

I'm a recently recovering opiate addict, and I want to wish you all of the strength, luck and determination you need in getting off the pills.

I imagine you're probably not in the mood for this next part right now, but I feel the need to say the following just the same. You said this: "it wouldn't be fair to the job to lie about that or try to work there with opiates in my system," and I agree.

You've been with NA since 1993, so I imagine you have a sponsor? If so, where is your sponsor in all of this? Have you been honest with him or her about the entire situation? If for some reason you don't have a sponsor right now, do you think now might be the time to get one?

Again, best of luck!

Big hugs.
Part of my struggle has been that I have kept this all a secret. Yes I do have a sponsor but I have not been honest with him regarding the pain management med part of my life. Addiction suckered me in like it did so many years ago. Im afraid that I let myself down and everyone who loves and supports me down as well. I thank you for your support and honest confrontation. wanttobefree2