Thread: help scare me
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 12:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hilltopper1972

I think you sound like me! Drinking two glasses is pointless. I need a bottle plus. I'm worried that I am damaging my body, my liver, my professional and personal abilities. I get hangovers, but I can handle them cause I've had so many. I haven't drank for two days and I feel clear headed and motivated today. I'm sick of constantly worrying that something is wrong with me physically. I convinced myself at one time or another that I have jaundiced eyes, a distended stomach, an aching liver, you name it. I have none of these things, but it is a matter of time that I will. I'm pissed off I have to quit to be blunt. I like my wine at night, pure and simple and I know tonight will be a huge battle to ignore the cravings and abstain. I'll mostly be on this site, reading and posting. I get health insurance on 10/01 and I'll be getting blood work to see if I have any issues. I'm also a gym rat, own a wildly successful company, am a husband, and a wonderful father of two. So its like I"m healthy and successful but obviously something is wrong. Why do I feel the need to numb myself nightly?