Thread: A new future...
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Mitsy

So many good quotes here. They really do take hostages, don't they? You can fall into their games so quickly & over and over again. But at some point, even the most loyal, devoted, loving spouse or soul mate will get their fill. That's the natural course of human emotions. I still beat up on myself for take 2 years of bull crap off my ex-bf HOPING he'd seek help, HOPING he'd want a good & stable life with me. Talking about loving them enough is interesting because I also think that is what I tried to do. I tried to love Robert enough that he would want sobriety & see that he could have a much better life, different life than he'd had in the past. I was not equipped to deal with what was laid out with him and his issues. It's so sad that there is no magic way to make them see the light any sooner. There is also no magic way to get us to just get over them all at once. I think that's the hardest part for us sometimes...just dealing with the grieving of a failed relationship. However, at least we can rest assured that it wasn't that we did not try to make it work. There is only so much we can do--the rest is up to them.