Thread: A new future...
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
covington

Thank you for sharing your story! I'm awestruck by your strength and wisdom, and determination. Congratulations on the courage it takes to put your own peace and sanity above the drama.

All I know is 16 years of marriage is gone because of her illness and her inability to believe in herself like I did.
If your love were enough to heal her, she would be healed by now. She's an adult, and is capable of acting like one, without someone else coming along to save her, rescue her, force her to be accountable, give her a reason to live, get her stomach pumped, encourage her, hide all the knives, trust her, keep her from the car when she's drunk, keep the bottles out of the car so she won't get drunk, forgive her, believe lies, etc, etc, etc.

She tried to tell me she is ready to heal now and I don't love her enough, that is why I want a divorce.
If she is ready to heal she will have to love herself enough. At some point you know that in yourself, and you can stop saying it to her, because saying it to her isn't getting through. She will have to find the light, and she is capable of finding it, herself.

Peace.