Thread: vent!
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Zak68

I think I need to learn how to vent. I told my XAW my problem is I grew up watching too much Star Trek. I loved how Mr. Spock could be clam and collected in everything.

She once told me I was the most patient person she had ever met and didn't think I knew any boundries. Well, she proved that was wrong. She pushed me too far and I gave up on her and her addiction.

Maybe my super identity is Enabler Man! Able to see past grievous sins! Willing to forgive lies! Impervious to common sense! Disguised as mild mannered Zak68, our heroe fought the never ending battle for enabling and wearing horse blinders.

It has felt good lately to just tell her what I feel and let things out. I never realized how much I hurt myself keeping everything in. Now, I just say what I need to say and more importantly, what should be said.

I think the closest I get to venting is my selection of running music. On peaceful days I have a nice easy mix. On stressful days I pull out the harder stuff. Music has always been my outlet and those that know me can tell my mood by my music selection.