Thread: vent!
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
so my yoga is like your drinking? are you out of your mind? you are, yes that's the answer.
I swear they have a script! When I started taking care of myself and taking vitamins, I was told that I was "addicted" to vitamins and therefore "just as bad as he was." You are right. He is out of his mind.

I had to enforce some boundaries on phone conversations when we first separated. If the conversation strayed away from practical matters or logistics regarding the children, I "had to go." After a few weeks of not engaging his madness, he stopped trying.

Also, something that helped me immensely was journaling. I spewed all my anger into a notebook for several months. I affectionately called it my "book of anger." It was a safe place to let it all out without harming or offending anyone. It was also very helpful to go back and read it periodically to see my progress.

How old are your children. I got my daughter one of those pay-as-you-go cellphones so she could call me anytime if she or her brother wanted to come home from their dad's house--for any reason. I let her know I would come pick her up any time she wanted, day or night. It made me feel better, and she only had to use it once.

Peace to you.

L