Thread: p
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 02:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR rjmano, congrats on the sober time.

Man do I remember when suddenly the feelings came roaring back, the guilt, shame, anger, resentments, & jealousy!!!! Talk about things I wanted to get rid of!!!! I had tried and drink all that stuff away and they were always right there waiting for me every time I came back from oblivion.

Good to see you are going to AA on a regular basis, a few questions if I may and then what I did to deal with those feelings:

1. Do you have a sponsor?

2. If you do have a sponsor are the 2 of you taking the steps?

I got a sponsor the day I got out of medical detox. Why? Well at the time I had no idea, what I knew was I was desperate to not be a drunk any more and in detox they had told us if we wanted a chance to get a sponsor.... they never said why.

Well I had a sponsor, good guy who gave me some great support and suggestions, he was available via his cell phone most of the time, but worked and traveled a lot.

Long story short, I had 2 months sober and came VERY close to a relapse, I was still going nuts for a drink when my emotions went overboard. I got a new sponsor and following the suggestion of the old timers I took the steps with him.

The steps were the key, they freed me of the bonds of my alcoholism, my guilt, shame, remorse, hate, anger, & jealousy. Taking the steps and then applying them daily to all areas of my life with the guidance of my HP of my choosing and understanding has made my life better then I ever thought possible, not materially, but spiritually and mentally.