View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

I was excited because I wanted to do graphics out of high school. I was reverting back to that time. I was more excited just to have enrolled in school. Something I thought I would never do.
So it was more the excitement of actually going to school.
I was hesitant on the graphics right after I enrolled. I even met with the advisor twice about it.
I was in such a hurry to just get into a school. I didnt take the time weigh my options. I didnt even consider other schools.
The excitement of just going took me over.
I did get scared when I heard about where graphics will take someone.
I have heard more times than not from al kinds of people. Including the chair, others who have already earned their degree in it and others who know people who do. That it is not a stable field. Most people dont go on to do it because it is so competitive. I dont want to waste tieme or money on something I was doubting from the beginning and may not even have any use for anyway.
With what I am going to do now. Is something I have wanted to do for a long time. When I was out there in the streets and see alot of those girls out there especially. I would always think to myself. Where did these girls come from? Why did they come out here like this. I always wanted to do something for them. Even myself being addicted I tried my best to feed and help anyone I knew out there any way I could.
So again. This isnt "Oh I am all brand new and nnow I know it all and going to save the planet".
I did not take offense to your comment Bam. I did however to one other posters. But thats over with. I dont have time for that crap.

I did make my mind up. Came here for support and advice and got what felt like shot down. Like I am not qualified or capable of doing it.
Its all good. Cause its stuff like that that makes me work harder.

I officially withdrew from the business school today. I am in the process of enrolling in the community college. I have filled my application out and just need to send $30 in with it. I have changed my financial aid. I have spoken to admissions and the chair for the chem depend and they will start enrolling in Oct. My financial aid is not affected by me dropping out of the other school. They will buy back my books. I just have to pay a $100 dollar withdrawl fee.
I have no fear or doubt in my decision.
Not at all.
I may even take this to a 4 yr if I feel like I want to further my educaiton and do even more great things with people struggling.
I dont know it all. Not even close. I have a very long way to go in my own recovery. But who better to help others like us than someone who has been there and is doing the necessary things to better themselves?
Whatever way they get there is not up to me. But I can help them find that hope and that will to change their lives. I am not trying to heal them so much. They have to do that on their own choice. But I can help make that transition a little easier. Help them find avenues to do just that.
I know it will def help me in my own recovery alot. If I want to dedicate my life and my own recovery to helping others like me. Then I see absolutely nothign wrong with it.
I appreciate eveyones comments. Gave me alot to think about. But also made me that much more certain that this is what I want to do.