View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SteppingItUp
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Originally Posted by wanttobefree2 View Post
The crazy thing is that I do go to NA meetings and have been clean from everything else since 1993. The opiates only really the last year due to pain. I have spend a lot of money on an education and have worked in the field of addiction. The past couple of years has been in education. I have been offered a great job again in the addiction field and know I am qualified and can do the job, I mandate myself to be off the opiates because it wouldn't be fair to the job to lie about that or try to work there with opiates in my system. I kick myself in the but for getting here, when I "should have known better" The safest way to ensure to have the drugs out of my system is to be drug free by the 24th since the drug test I have to take is the 30th. Yesterday was 90mg, today I anticipate 75mg with mild withdrawal symptoms. Pray for me, this is so important, I know I can do it, I pray and hope I can do it. Something I have been thinking about is going to talk to my primary care Dr., getting honest with him and asking for help. I will try to use this site to help me, thanks.
Welcome!

I do hope you come to join us on the substance abuse boards, as has been previously suggested. It's a good, supportive group.

I'm a recently recovering opiate addict, and I want to wish you all of the strength, luck and determination you need in getting off the pills.

I imagine you're probably not in the mood for this next part right now, but I feel the need to say the following just the same. You said this: "it wouldn't be fair to the job to lie about that or try to work there with opiates in my system," and I agree.

You've been with NA since 1993, so I imagine you have a sponsor? If so, where is your sponsor in all of this? Have you been honest with him or her about the entire situation? If for some reason you don't have a sponsor right now, do you think now might be the time to get one?

Again, best of luck!

Big hugs.