View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
driftwood
zen alien

It's nice...really, unexpectedly nice...to trip on what turns out to be a bunch of friends I didn't know I had. I honestly dont know what I'll do, but I know that, again, today, I'm not drinking. When I think, "never", it's too much. Way too much change to commit to in a single thought. At the same time, the thought of having a beer or two seems a little profaning to the sense of calm and purpose I've felt for the last 110+ hours. So, what to do? I guess I'll have to forfeit my anxiousness to know what course is charted in favor of living this moment free of a map. That feels pretty good, in a totally terrifying way

MeAndOnlyMe - one of the things I read on someone's signature before I posted (wish I could remember whose) seems apropos for me, maybe you too: "the future is a fiction that will never be written".

Still haven't had any symptoms I'd attribute to detox issues, but it was an interesting experience getting home last night. Weds nights are usually solitary time for me (wife & girls have activities, so I usually enjoy playing my guitar and killing a mixed 6 (at least) all by myself). I knew I wasn't going to let that be the case last night, but habit sure wanted me to! Didnt really know what to do with myself, ended up getting a lot of things done. Seemed to help alot just keeping a glass of cold club soda with lime at hand...I never realized just how much of my habit seems to be a physical thing; i.e., having something cold in my hand & sipping it.

thanks again for all the response and advice....I am listening.