View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

Wow. Detachment is WONDERFUL!

Just got raged at, suddenly, by AH on the phone. He said he may have to work earlier than 9am tomorrow, so could he bring the kids home tonight at 9pm instead of driving them to school tomorrow in the morning and me picking them up after?

I said, calmly, "I have to see and write about a band tonight. We should sort out our schedule earlier than this. Will you please, find out..."

He interrupted me, freaked out and yelled, "I KNOW WHAT TO DO" and other things. Just went off. Suddenly.

Now, I have asked for, begged, yelled about and hardly ever received his work schedule for 14 years. He works retail and it changes all the time. I am reliant on him for childcare. We don't have family to help.

So this isn't new, him not knowing or not telling me what his schedule is.

I was kind. Not mean or accusatory. Just stated the obvious.

In the past I would spend all sorts of time trying to figure out what the heck had just happened. Why did he yell? How am I going to get his schedule from him in a timely manner? What will he do next? Is it my fault? Or more recently--does he have a date? it would have been soooo stressful.

But not today, Zurg. (10 bonus points if you know the movie that line is from)

Today I hung up. Looked at the phone. Realzied i am hungry and went into MY damn kitchen to find some of MY food. I think I'll take the dog for a walk when I'm done.

Detachment is beautiful..