Old 09-24-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

well my substance abuse is a symptom of my problems, and I'm not really sure what what those are.
Sara perhaps you need to learn a bit more about AA, right in the book Alcoholics Anonymous it states that alcohol is but a symptom of our disease.

Trust me I am not free from my alcoholism due to standing in a circle holding hands, nor is it due to occasionally speaking of our Higher Power in meetings. I am free of my alcoholism, self centerdness, and ego thanks to the steps of AA.

Of the 12 steps only one even mentions alcohol!

Every single one of the following 11 steps are about finding a solution to ALL of my problems, not just drinking.

The reason I do not drink or even feel the urge to have even one drink today is because I have found a solution to all of my problems. Having a solution to my problems eleminates any need for a drink.

If all AA was, was standing around holding hands and talking about God, then AA would not exist, alcoholism could be resolved by going to church where they really do stand around holding each others hands and talking about God.