View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
holdfold

Four Weeks and the taste still lingers

Good news, four weeks passed yesterday..... I had major cravings yesterday for something I haven't drunk in a long time (am/was a vodka fanatic) , namely German Wheat beer.... I was traveling yesterday so lots of time to 'let your mind wonder' and I found myself thinking about sitting in a beer garden sipping a frosty one and actually 'tasting' it and enjoying the first pull on a long beer. I had a moment of ... that would be nice.... but didn't feel the need to go to the store and purchase said beer... I suppose no different from some other fantasy. I put the thought out of my mind and not until later, was pleased that it didn't trigger a 'go get alcohol moment'. The rambling point I'm finally getting to is... things improve and the cravings jump out of nowhere but my mindset is firm and resolved to continue the 'no drinking' policy'..... excuse the self-fanfare.... but may be a positive for people who are early in quitting and wondering if it gets better/easier. Nothing special,clever or pill driven on my part, just a real desire to me again.