View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 06:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am going to come right out and say it.
I am a little hurt by some of these responses.
I know I asked and I am ok with that. But I didnt expect most of you to come across as I was making a mistake by wanting to help people. By wanting to make a differenc ein peoples lives just like us.
I took one posters comments as very negative and arrogant.
Like they were telling me I am delusional and I am just following some fantasy idea that everyone who gets clean gets.
And that person doesnt even comment ever to any of my posts. Funny how some just pop up to throw their negative critisizm in.
Yea..Maybe I am being over sensitive. But I am hurt by some of these comments.
When was it ever a bad thing to want to help people?
I am not here to prove jack to anyone but myself.
I feel there is a space in this society that needs alot of attention. Somewhere that most people dont want to deal with.
I know how it feels to be rejected and told you cant because of your past.
I just want to help people that face the same things.
I am all for hearing what i dont like. And that was the point of this thread. But how some of this came across was disturbing for me.
I will always be that person who will back anyone up if they have a dream. And this dream didnt just come out of nowhere.
It has been in my mind for a loong time. Years. Even before I decided to save myself.
And this is a perfect example of why I want to do this. So more people dont get that same stereotype of what most people want to assume.
Get to know someone for who they are. Not what they did.
Not what the next person did and why.
I havent felt like this in a long time here.
I have to say I am disappointed and wish I didnt even ask now.