View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
a fallen man

update.....i just got back from baseball practice. it was truly enjoyable. in the past i couldn't wait for practice to be over because then i could run home and get in my drink. so nice to not have that occupy my mind during practice.

spoke with my brother this afternoon on my way home to see how he was doing. he's still having withdrawal symptoms but did not drink last night. when i spoke to him he was at the grocery picking up items for his wife to celebrate their anniversary. he told me he had passed all the liquor stores he stops at and would make it home without getting anything. i'm proud of him.

i have two sons...one 22 and one 17. neither has ever touched a drop. all of their friends drink. my oldest told me a long time ago that one of the reasons he has never started is he has seen what it did to me and my brother and he knows alcoholism runs in families. smart kid. both boys are very happy that i am sober now.

you have to do it for yourself but it's okay if others enjoy it right??? lol. i know the answer...just bein' a little cheeky.