Old 09-23-2009, 11:18 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
windysan
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by mistycshore View Post
So far in my seminar in literature class (which has nothing to do with literature), the instructor has established, among other weirdness previously written about, that people who eat meat are evil "human supremacists" and that people who own pets are too because they oppress animals (to domesticate is to dominate).

this professor is a loop-job anyway. She (I think she's a she but I'm not positive. She self-defines as female, so . . . ) believes critical thinking is a device created by male-dominated culture and that we need to abandon use of it.

I don't think I can get through this class. It's not that the class is difficult; it's that I find it so offensive. I really feel that this nutcase is jamming her bizarre religion down the students' throats. It's the capstone class for english majors. I don't think I'll be able to do it independent study with another instructor because it is a "seminar" class.

She requires a written response for every essay we read (of true literature, we've only read a four short stories in six weeks of class - everything else is this bizarre theory), and I do not have anything nice to say. I don't have any questions to ask except: Why are we being subjected to this crap?

If I could find a way to laugh about it, that would help, but I'm just not finding humor here. I've still got another week to drop, but I'd really hate to delay graduation because of this. Any suggestions?

Still not drinking and not even thinking about drinking. But I don't know whether that's due more to a desire not to drink or no time drink. Anyway, it's working for now.
Tell Professor PC to come hang out with me in rural Louisiana. I'll have her eating rodents in no time.