View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 09:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
vikster
Contributing Member

I'm so glad you made it and that it was a different experience! There is another meeting here that has been recommended that sounds like more of a fit for me. The only problem is that I'm going to have to reschedule something else for it, but I think it will be well worth it.

I did go to an open AA meeting with my husband yesterday. We were out of town for the holiday and he seemed tempted to skip a meeting, but he found one in the little town we were visiting and asked me to go with him. I know he was worried that it he would feel like an outsider in such a small place where everyone was bound to know one another, but he was so glad to have gone and I really see why. I felt the support and love that everyone gives to one another even when they are complete strangers. He really got a lot out of it. And I did too in a different way. It really opens your eyes to the enormity of what people are facing in trying to not use for just another day. But it was also filled with much hope and encouragement. It gave me more inspiration on top of the inspiration you've given me that the right Al-Anon meeting can do the same for me.