Old 09-23-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Sara I felt the exact same way at 20, 30, 40, & even at 50, at 52 standing inside the gates of a mental hell that I saw no escape from I finally accepted that I needed to ask for help or die.

Sara ask your self this question honestly, "If I can get and stay sober all by myself why am I postin on SR?"

I know what it is like to think I can do this without help, if you don't like AA that is fine with me, I hated it for many years because I thought it was just a bunch of old men sitting around drinking coffee and whining because they could not handle thier booze any more.

You are right about stting around with a bunch of people who know nothing about you, at my first meeting no one there knew a darn thing about me at my first meeting, except I looked like death warmed over in clean clothes, but the more meetings I went to the more I knew about them and the more they knew about me.

Think about it Sara, the first time you see a new doctor they know nothing about you, nor does a therapist, or a shrink, they have to learn about you and that takes time.