View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

My sponsor took me through each step one at a time straight out of the BB, I was left with no doubt in my mind about step 1, 2, or that I was ready to take step 3. My sponsor and I both got on our knees for step 3 and I was ready.

I do the same with my sponsee's. Yes I was beaten, alcohol had taken me, it owned me out right, I knew from my own experience, the Doctor's opinion and from the BB that once I put alcohol or any mind altering drug into my body that I lost any bit of power I had and that my life became unmanageable. I also knew that it was going to take a Power greater then me to restore me to sanity, a Power that I was willing to seek guidance from and follow that guidance.

Could I have gotten this all on my own? I think not!!!! Now I have sponsored some men who were like me more then ready to take steps 1 thru 3 to heart, but still to be without a doubt and to reenforce my own knowledge we went through it step by step.

You know I have seen guys swithch sponsors in mid stream and thier sponsors start them right off at step one again.

Maybe I am old school, my sponsor is, but telling a newcomer to figure out steps 1 through 3 and then come back and see me is not right. But it has kept me sober and that is the path I lead my sponsee's down. It worked for me, Bill W., Dr. Bob and millions of others, why mess with a known commodity?